|WATER AND SANITATION
SKGS generated awareness in the villages to reduce the diseases resulting from unsafe water and poor sanitation. This proved to be crucial for sustainable health. It has resulted into controlling the diseases related to water and sanitation.
Sustainable educational management is very much needed to accomplish livelihood opportunities and secured health. This leads tor healthy, self reliant and self governed community. With this vision SKGS conducted a survey of the out of school students residing in villages and slums in towns. It found that even today many of the boys and girls are out of schools. It therefore initiated the program for the drop outs through alternative joyful education environment.
SKILL TRAINING AND INCOME GENERATION
To improve the socioeconomic conditions and living standards of the people and to increase employment and income generating opportunities, especially for women and youth, SKGS is presently working on skill training and income-generating opportunities for marginalized women artisans and youths. SKGS planned to address this concern by “upgrading the skills training system into a comprehensive, integrated and efficient training system incorporating the establishment of skills standards and certification as well as income-generating activities for women and school dropouts.
A well structured containing objectives and work plan for Health intervention in the community, SKGS focus on management of communicable and non-communicable disease like malaria, chikunguniya, mother and child care, diabetic education and awareness, nutrition, anemia, epidemiological study, assessment of health index, validating efficacy of traditional health practices and HIV
After several studies and their analysis, it came to the notice of SKGS that the strategy like 'our health is in our hands' needs to be design for sustainable health. SKGS therefore made a plan to motivate the society so as to they follow secured life style, naturopathy and yoga and also they consume organic food and minimum but safe medicines.
EMPOWERMENT ABOUT PANCHAYAT RAJ
- Increasing participation of deprived landless Dalits in the governance and the decision-making processes.
- Increasing participation of women and Dalits in the Panchayat Raj system and the village level decision-making processes.
- Creating conducive environment at village level for self-governance and strengthening P.R.I. procedures.
- Striving for social equalities eliminating the cast, creed discrepancies and creating uniform dignified society with respects towards each other
RIGHTS TO EMPLOYMENT AND LIVELIHOOD RESOURCES
- Attempting to legitimate the rights of women and landless towards employment and Livelihood resources
- b. Increasing securities for livelihood with the help of natural resources, and therefore, undertaking land developmental programmes i.e. promotion of organic farming, wormicompost, compost fertilizer, dairy development, goat raring as well as searching new ideas of livelihood for the benefit of the people
SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURAL & FOREST MANAGEMENT THROUGH ATMA PROJECT
Based on the study of the condition of the farmers, Development plan has been undertaken. It included the formation of farmer's groups and their capacity building, which resulted into designing village development action plan. Significantly it is being effectively implemented.
Agriculture and forest are the major source of income for the tribal. They don't get the adequate income since base of price of the produce is not the cost of production. SKGS therefore is helping the tribal for the collection and processing agriculture and forest produce and market linkage. This helped the tribal of this area to establish the livelihood outlets of Mahua, Lac, Safed Musali, Honey, Gum, Behada, medicinal plants, organic grain, vegetables, kitchen garden, bamboo, etc.
RIGHTS AND ENTITLES OF THE TRIBAL COMMUNITY
- Awareness on rights and entitlements of the tribal community
- Education and awareness for rights of the children
- Improvement of educational standards of the children through qualitative education
- Precautionary measures against child violence, abuse, exploitation, harassments and injustices
- Involvement of community in the developmental processes
WOMEN EMPOWERMENT - RIGHTS, GENDER EQUALITIES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Participation of women in PRI
- Participation of women in the decision making at the level of family and society as a whole.
- Rights of women over house, land, resources and freedom for its usage and enjoyment
- Social prestige, respect, dignities and securities for the women
- Gender equalities and the honor towards education, economy and society as a whole
EMPOWERMENT OF LANDLESS BACKWARD (DALIT) COMMUNITIES & THEIR RIGHTS
- Freedom from social discrepancies, exploitations and violence
- Social integrity
- Promotion and consolidation of social and community organizations of Pardhi & Minority
- Benefits under government schemes and securities
- Empowerment and strengthenance
ECONOMICAL EMPOWERMENT OF WOMEN THROUGH SHG & FEDERATION APPROACHES
- Stabilization and empowerment of women SHGs
- Economic development of women through federation
Mr. B. L. Dhakad